What data do we collect, and how do we collect it?
ClimaTalk collects Personal Information when you; fill in a form on our website, make a donation, apply for a volunteering position, sign up to one of our events, reply to a survey, post a comment, or send us an email. Depending on which of our services you use or interact with, you may choose to (or be asked to) submit information including your name, email address, age, educational background, current occupation, CV or LinkedIn profile, writing sample, etc. ClimaTalk collects data from other sources, including when you interact on social networks (e.g., Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube), and third-party service providers (see the section on “Third party services” for further information).In addition, we may automatically receive and store certain, anonymous types of information whenever you interact with our services, including user behaviour, IP address or location on our website. This helps us analyse and understand developments and trends, but is fully anonymous, so contains no personally identifiable data.
How will we use your data?
We use your data to:
- deliver and improve our content,
- respond to your questions,
- share your work (e.g., if you submit an article, a piece of research, a university course review, an internship review, or a guest feature),
- process your volunteering application,
- personalise our content and communications with you,
- comply with applicable laws.
We will not:
- sell your data to third parties,
Third party services
- Google Forms / Google Workspace / Google Drive
We will retain your personal data for as long as it is needed to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected (see “Legal Basis”) or until you withdraw your consent for us to process that data. This means that, unless required by law and unless you have expressed an explicit wish for your data to be retained, ClimaTalk will delete your personal data once it is no longer required for providing the services you have subscribed to (e.g., until the conclusion of a particular event).To determine the appropriate retention period for your data we will consider a number of factors, including (but not limited to): the amount of data, the sensitivity of said data, the purpose for which we used the data and whether we can reach our purpose through alternative means.
What are your data protection rights?
ClimaTalk would like to make sure you are fully aware of all your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access: You have the right to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you.
- The right to rectification: You have the right to request that we correct any information we hold about you that you believe is inaccurate.
- The right to erasure: You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing: You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing: You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability: You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
Please see the section below “How to contact us” if you would like to exercise any of the rights mentioned above.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us